It’s time to get your home ready for winter, whether you plan to sell or stay put. With an El Niño year upon the San Francisco Bay region, we are expecting a wetter than normal period to start the winter off, according to the Farmer’s Almanac.
It’s time to get your home ready:
- Walk around your home and look closely at the exterior walls, siding, and trim. Does anything need to be repaired to waterproof your home?
- Inspect/clean your gutters and downspouts to ensure they are clear of leaves, sticks and other debris
- Look at your exterior paint and trim for cracks that could let water in
- Check your roof tiles or shingles for cracks that may cause leaks and damage
- Check for gaps between the windows and door frames – anything larger than the edge of a nickel should be resealed with exterior caulk
For more tips, call Dayna Wilson-Keller Williams Realty
Seniors Real Estate Specialist